Winning Smiles

Winning Smiles
Samohi SAGE Team Wins National Competition in Cincinnati Ohio

8.05.2008


Monica Choo, SAGE Team Member: A year ago, I never would have thought that I'd be going to Africa, let alone going to represent the United States in a business competition. The 9 days we spent in Nigeria for the SAGE World Cup was an experience that changed my life and will be one that I'll never forget. Through this trip I was able to see a world outside of the tiny bubble I normally live in, meet people from all over the world, as well as learn about the lifestyles and cultures of other countries. Although we had to endure 9 days of "different" food and sit in a plane for over 45 hours, that is a small price to pay for the knowledge and friendships that I have gotten out of it. I plan to continue e-mailing the friends I have made, as well as hope to recruit new members into SAGE, so that they too can experience what I did during the time I was involved with SAGE. -Monica Choo

No comments: